The Optimax stores are optical stores, managed by Lima Cabrita S.A. The information and / or personal data collected by completing the contact form on this website or in person at Optimax stores (name, email, phone, address, optical prescription information) will be processed by computer and handled by Lima Cabrita SA, as controller:
Lima Cabrita S.A.
Rua Aboim Ascensão, nº 34
Tel: +351 289 894 404
Lima Cabrita S.A. guarantees to its customers clients and users of this site (“Client”, “User” or “Personal Data Holder”) the respect for their privacy, taking the necessary measures to protect their personal data.
This policy describes how Lima Cabrita, S.A. handles the processing of personal data collected, either in person at the stores or through the website (www.optimax.pt).
In the course of its activity, Lima Cabrita, S.A. collects two types of personal data:
– personal data, such as identification and contact details of all our clients (email, name, surname, address, telephone, citizen card number, tax ID, date of birth, etc.) that are used, for example, to fulfill your order for billing or after sales assistance.
– personal data of special categories (health data) resulting from optometry or eye strain tests that are required for the provision of services related to your eye health.
By making your personal information available, you consent to the collection, processing and use of it in accordance with the rules set forth herein.
Data collection online
Use and browsing on the website does not require the user to provide any personal data that identifies him or her. However, the use of certain content or services, such as filling out online forms, implies the provision of personal data by the user, such as name, email, telephone and subject.
The data referred to are of mandatory supply, in order to allow the adequate response to the request of information requested by the User.
In the form, an blank field is also provide where the user can enter a description of the subject and/or any other personal that they deem relevant, to enable us to provide the best answer to the request presented.
Lima Cabrita S.A. assumes that the data collected was added by the respective owner, or that its use was authorized by the same, and that the personal data presented are true and accurate.
We use your data for the primary purpose of managing the provision of our services or selling you a product that you have requested from us. The personal data collected will be processed and stored by Lima Cabrita S.A. and its processing is legitimized by:
– the need to fulfill contractual or pre-contractual obligations arising from requests made by the Personal Data Holder, such as budget requests and hiring our products or services, as well as the development, compliance, execution and management of the entire contractual relationship between Lima Cabrita SA and the Personal Data Holder.
– the need to process health-related information, such as data from optometry or eye strain examinations, which are health data, solely for the purpose of matching and adjusting the supply of products to the needs that have been identified through the examinations (glasses or contact lenses).
– we will also treat your personal data to assist you when you ask us for information about our services, to respond to suggestions or complaints or to provide you with customer service and after-sales assistance, as well as continuous monitoring of our contractual relationship.
However, please be informed that if you choose not to provide or consent to this treatment, Lima Cabrita S.A. may not be able to properly perform its activity and thus invalidate the appropriate response to your requests.
The period of time for which your personal data is stored varies according to the purpose for which the information is used. There are, however, legal requirements that require data to be retained for a certain period of time. Accordingly, and where there is no specific legal requirement, data will be stored and retained only for the period necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
When your data is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was provided to us, it will only be kept for the purpose of declaring, exercising or defending a right in court proceedings, if necessary. This data will be stored but only used for this purpose.
For treatments based on your consent, we will keep your information until it is revoked.
In accordance with the applicable legislation, you may request access to your personal data at any time, as well as correct or eliminate it, restrict its treatment, portability, or oppose its use (with the exception of data strictly necessary for the provision of the service). If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or have a question related to the processing of your personal data, you may do so by written request addressed to Lima Cabrita S,A, Rua Aboim Ascensão, 34, 8000-198 Faro or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The personal data collected are the exclusive use of Lima Cabrita, S.A. and the establishments managed by the company. Establishments collect and share customer data with each other via a single database in order to enable their employees to access them and thus provide the customer with better responsiveness and quality of service.
Lima Cabrita S.A. may also communicate your personal data in the situations provided below:
– supporting subcontractors who will occasionally need access to your personal data to fulfill contractual obligations such as lens and frame manufacturers and distributors, insurers, mail / logistics providers or companies that provide technological service. When you provide us with your personal data, you authorize us to process and share your information with those suppliers. Prior to establishing any relationship with a supplier, Lima Cabrita S.A. makes sure that the supplier applies measures to protect the confidentiality and security of Personal Data;
– such data communications are necessary or appropriate (i) under applicable law (ii) within the scope of a legal obligation / court order, (iii) a resolution of the National Data Protection Commission or other competent supervisory authority, or (iv) to respond to requests from public or governmental authorities;
– communication is carried out to protect the vital interests of Users, or any other legitimate purpose provided by law.
Under no circumstances will personal data collected by Lima Cabrita, S.A. be transferred to third parties for commercial or advertising purposes.
In accordance with the applicable legislation, Lima Cabrita S.A. clients may request access to their personal data at any time, as well as correct or eliminate it, restrict its treatment, portability, or oppose its use (with the exception of data strictly necessary for the provision of the service).
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or have a question related to the processing of your personal data, you may do so by written request addressed to Lima Cabrita S,A, Rua Aboim Ascensão, 34, 8000-198 Faro or by e-mail to email@example.com
Without prejudice to any other means of administrative or judicial appeal, the Personal Data holder is entitled to submit a complaint to the National Data Protection Commission or other relevant supervisory authority under the law, if he or she considers that the processing of the personal data violates the applicable legislation.
Lima Cabrita S.A. has systems and specialized technical personnel to ensure the security of personal data processed, creating and updating procedures that prevent unauthorized access of personal data, improper use, disclosure, loss or accidental destruction. For this purpose we also develop rules and other procedures, such as:
– physical protection at locations
– procedures for the circulation of information
– access management – authorized persons
– confidentiality clauses for professionals
– criterion for hiring RGPD compliant suppliers
With respect to the provision of personal data via the website, we further consider that it is the User’s responsibility to guarantee and ensure that their computer system is adequately protected against harmful software, computer viruses and worms, in order to safeguard the risk of personal data and passwords being accessed by unauthorized third parties.
This policy may be modified, supplemented and updated to comply with any changes to the services provided by Lima Cabrita S.A. or to adapt to legal, regulatory and technological developments that may affect the area of personal data protection, at any time, without notice and with immediate effect.
Any changes will be immediately posted on this same online page.
Under the provisions of article 18 of Law no. 144/2015, in case of litigation, the consumer may resort to an Alternative Dispute Resolution Body (RAL). RAL entities available for contracts awarded in the Faro district:
CIMAAL – Centro de Informação, Mediação e Arbitragem de Conflitos de Consumo do Algarve.
Edifício Ninho de Empresas, Estrada da Penha, 8005-131 Faro
Tel.: (+351) 289 823 135
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com